While my children have been primarily cloth diapered, I am finding that my son’s skin actually does better in disposable diapers as of late. Clearly, the thought of those harsh chemicals and the non-biodegrading ingredients in most disposable diapers does NOT thrill this mother, so I was pretty interested when contacted about trying Seventh Generation’s Free & Clear diaper line that they just revamped. Here’s what I think:
1) One diaper fits a variety of sizes. I tested on both my toddler (overnight) and my baby (daytime/overnight) with no problem for each. The diapers hold up well and didn’t leak.
2) They are not real attractive. No cute prints, and the color is a cream off-white, so it looks kinda gross when soaked with you-know-what. But then, who really looks at a used diaper, anyway?
3) No rashes! AND I didn’t have to feel badly about putting them against my lovies’ skin because they are so much gentler than regular disposable diapers. 🙂 🙂 🙂
Here’s a little info from MyBlogSpark, who provided the sample for me to try and is also providing a package for one of my readers to try:
What Seventh Generation leaves out is just as important as what they put in. Free & Clear diapers do not include chlorine processing, fragrances, latex and petroleum based lotions. In an effort to contribute less overall landfill waste and continue to ensure a premium standard of absorbency, the new Free & Clear diapers have been redesigned with a lighter-weight core. With processed chlorine-free wood pulp in Free & Clear diapers, Seventh Generation also makes certain that no chlorine is released into the environment during the totally chlorine-free (TCF) whitening process of the diapers and training pants.
Seventh Generation has also reduced the size of the diapers’ plastic packaging, meaning that each pack now contributes even less overall landfill waste than before. In fact, Seventh Generation Free & Clear diaper packaging can now be recycled at local supermarkets where plastic bag recycling collection boxes are available.
My vote? YES! Please buy these diapers instead of regular disposables. Can’t afford them? I’m not promising anything and I HAVE NOT talked to Seventh Generation, but overall, they seem to be a great company to work with and I wouldn’t be surprised if they would send people coupons for the asking.
Win it! The first person to do the following two things will snag a FREE package of Seventh Generation Free & Clear diapers:
1) Leave us your best (or worst?) diaper story below. It had better be worthy of winning diapers! Feel free to tell us why you do or don’t use cloth, free & clear diapers, etc.. INCLUDE your email address.
2) EMAIL me your full name, phone number, and mailing address, plus what size diapers you want!
Good luck and be blessed!
Disclosure: MyBlogSpark and Seventh Generation provided samples for this review and giveaway. I was not otherwise compensated for this post and the opinions expressed are all mine. 🙂