Did you know that…
- In the 33 years since Congress passed that nation’s chemical regulatory law, the Toxic Substances Control Act (TCSA), the Environmental Protection Agency has required testing on just 200 of the more than 80,000 chemical compounds developed for products used in the home.
- Under the current law, the EPA does not have the authority to demand the information it needs to evaluate a chemical’s risk, and neither manufacturers nor the EPA are required to prove a chemical’s safety as a condition of use.
- 1.25 million kids younger than six are unintentionally poisoned in the home each year by things like cosmetics and personal care products, cleaning substances, pain relievers and cough and cold medicines (American Association of Poison Control Centers)
- Studies show that nearly 200 industrial chemicals and pollutants have been found in the umbilical cord blood of newborns (EWG).
How you can help… It’s easy, visit http://www.millionbabycrawl.com/ and create a crawler that represents why you want chemical reform! As an extra incentive (and thank you), Seventh Generation will be giving away a Living Home Starter Kit to one of my readers who creates a crawler! The Living Home Starter Kit is valued at $50.00 and includes:
Ruby Grapefruit & Herb Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner
Green Mandarin & Leaf All-Purpose Cleaner
Emerald Cypress & Fir All-Natural Toilet Bowl Cleaner
Natural Citrus Scent Shower Cleaner
Emerald Cypress & Fir Tub & Tile Cleaner
One Roll of Recycled Paper Towels
…and a Seventh Generation Tote to haul all your new stuff!
Once you’ve made your crawler, report back to me here and let me know these two things:
1) what the name of your crawler is and 2) one fact about this issue that you found to be compelling.
That’s it! This contest will be open until Monday, November 16 at 0730 hours, EST. Please leave your email address and a separate comment for EACH entry into this contest.
Earn Extra Entries By…(after your initial entry)
*Tweeting about this contest (1x/day)
*Emailing 4 friends with “lifemoresimply-at-yahoo.com” CC’d in
*Subscribing to me
*Grabbing my button (NOT onto a blog roll)
*Otherwise spreading the word!